Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Top Ten Most Unusual Things About Celebrating My Birthday and Easter on the Same Day

(This blog was originally written on 4/11/07 on MySpace)

Top Ten Most Unusual Things About Celebrating My Birthday and Easter on the Same Day
10 - The church choir busting out "For He's a Jolly Good Fellow" in the middle of an Easter hymn
9 - Hidden Easter eggs found in half-eaten birthday cake
8 - Unwrapping presents wrapped in Easter grass
7 - Birthday cards with the word "birthday" crossed out and "birthday/Easter" scribbled over it
6 - Being asked what I've accomplished in my 34 years versus what Jesus Christ accomplished in that same time frame
5 - The Easter Bunny waking me up with a party horn during his overnight visit
4 - Blowing out flaming licorice sticks instead of candles
3 - Playing "Pin the Rosary Beads on the Donkey"
2 - The song "Happy Birthday" sung as "Happy Birthday Asterisk, See Footnote"

...and the #1 Most Unusual Thing About Celebrating My Birthday and Easter on the Same Day...

1 - Wearing an Easter bonnet with my birthday suit!

No comments:

Post a Comment