Friday, February 26, 2010

Don't call it a comeback...

Yes, after many months of keeping my mouth shut (or, more correctly, my fingers...it's a keyboard, y'all), I've returned to the blogging world.

There's a lot of reasons why I stopped blogging regularly, not the least of which is that I'm just lazy. I had a lot of stuff going on in the last year, very little of it bad, but all of it has just kept my mind and time elsewhere. I think I've written two blogs in the last year, one of them being the post-Oscars blog for 2009.

Another reason, like most of the world, is that I've pretty much quit MySpace. The site's great for some things, blogging is one of them and listening to music is another, but in this everchanging world of internet social networking, plus just the fact that fads always come and go, MySpace has completely become the VHS to Facebook and Twitter's DVD. I still have the MySpace account but the only real reason I still have it at this point is because I haven't figured out how to save all those old blogs yet. And dammit, they're great blogs!

My lady created a blog on here some time ago. Her blogs are great and you should totally read them. Of course, being the wonderful guy I am, I have no idea what the hell the link is, so you'll have to trust me on this for now. I'm glad to join her on this site and I'll be posting blogs as often as I can possibly come up with stuff to blog about. And for those who know me well enough, it's a safe bet that I usually can come up with SOMETHING to talk about. Especially if it involves me getting to rant, rave, say the word "fuck" and/or call out something(s)/someone(s) in this world for the hypocritical bullshitter(s) that he/she/they are.

So this is really just my reintroduction to the world. My next blog will be Saturday, probably up in the evening, and it's the one that a number of my friends and followers from elsewhere have been pretty much throttling me by the collar wondering where the hell it's been. The 2010 Pre-Oscars blog, with predictions and insight and opinions and all that other stuff. The Oscars are on March 7, and with the blog going up tomorrow, that gives about a week for all of you to show off to your friends and co-workers in your Oscar pools after I give you the skinny on who's taking home the awards. (Early preview: Bridges, Bullock*, Waltz, Mo'Nique. And the asterisk is there for a reason.)

Now, just so I don't find myself scrambling to see how to do this correctly when I'm doing that Oscars blog on Saturday, I'm going to test out how to get up a photo on here. So I'm now going to find a photo online and try to post it...let's see here...no, that's no good...oh, this one...



If I'm James Cameron, I'm already circling dates in my planner for shooting the sequel...

1 comment:

  1. If only she could READ a script - or act - or at least act anything other than batshit crazy!

    Welcome back to the land of the blog baby!

    Now, if someone could just tell me why my photo from my profile won't pop up in your follower section, lol

    ReplyDelete